Just over four years after its release, the turn-based strategy game Into the Breach is receiving a massive update with new mech squads, pilots, weapons, and a variety of other expansions.
Today, Subset Games announced on Twitter there will be a complete overhaul of the game. These new additions will arrive as part of its free Advanced Edition update, which arrives on July 19.
Into The Breach Screenshots
According to the announcement post, the update will include the following features:
- Five new mech squads and nearly forty new weapons
- Four new pilots and new pilot abilities
- New enemies, bosses, and missions
- A more challenging difficulty mode
- 7 new languages
- New music by Ben Prunty
Big Into the Breach news!
– The new Advanced Edition free content update will be coming to all platforms!
– A mobile version will be available through @Netflix!!Both will be available on July 19th!
Plus one more surprise announcement below!
Info in thread! 🧵 1/5 pic.twitter.com/U6PNcYQeG8
– Subset Games (@subsetgames) June 23, 2022
A mobile version, which will include the Advanced Edition update and will be free of ads or in-app purchases, will also arrive on Netflix on July 19. Alongside these updates, Subset Games also announced a physical edition for the Switch, which will be out later this year.
More details about the update will be revealed as the release date approaches.
The 10 Best Roguelike Games
Though it didn’t quite live up to the high standards created by FTL, its predecessor, we gave Into the Breach a 9, calling it “one of the biggest little games around.” We also deemed the game one of the best roguelikes in 2021.
Amelia Zollner is a freelance writer at IGN. Find them on Twitter: @ameliazollner.